So my friend and collegue Kiran's department got reorg'd in October. Sadly this meant that her job was no longer. She's been pretty stressed and anxious to find something else, and FAST!
I was never worried that she would find something else. I mean, within the first few weeks of searching she was offered a bunch of interviews. She was even offered a job as a business development intern, but turned it down in hopes for something more in her field. She's like those kids I would always give the evil-eye to in co-op, who would be all distraught because they had too many jobs to choose from... while I was a perpetual 2nd rounder.
Anyways, she just got word that she's been offered another contract here and will get to stay at least until June (just before her wedding). It's not official yet because the paperwork is still coming down the line, but essentially she's in like flynn. I'm so glad for her. Not just because she deserves this job (it's for Scientific Development Manager... exactly what she's wanted to do and will probably get extended until she becomes permanent) but also, selfishly, because now I can retain her as my cafeteria comrade and confidante. Yay!
17 November 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment