Right now all I want is to look forward to Mondays.
This weekend was good. I felt like I got a lot of things accomplished. On Saturday, Mike and I got up early to drive to Paperland in Markham. We managed to find red cardstock even nicer than the stuff I was going to order from Paper-Source, and at $2/sheet CAD vs. the $1.50/sheet USD + shipping we would have paid, I think we got a deal. After that, we drove to Joe’s place where I left Mike to play video games and do “guy stuff” for the afternoon. I stopped for some groceries in Brampton and then proceeded home where I grabbed a quick snack and headed for the gym. To my delight, the bald-headed guy who is always at the gym must have lost his reins on the TV because it was set on Much Music instead of CNN. I mean, who works out to CNN anyways? American news, no less. The guy must be a whack job. I was in such a good mood about that that I decided to increase the resistance on my elliptical and I actually made it through my workout (surprise!). After the gym, I enjoyed a warm lavender-scented bubble bath. I realized that I had forgotten to buy a can of diced tomatoes at the grocery store, so I put on my coat and WALKED to the Save-a-Centre. More exercise in disguise! I finished off a relaxing yet productive Saturday by making butter chicken (the Eat, Shrink & Be Merry way). Mike actually tried some when he got home and didn’t gag, which I think is an accomplishment considering how averse he is to anything resembling curry. I was in heaven.
On Sunday I slept in a bit and took my time waking up. I went to Future Shop with Dave where I ogled the iPODs and then to Costco for random “excessively big stuff”. I spent the rest of the day playing Sudoku and cooking. I made another batch of Little Miss Muffin Tops muffins (ES&BM again… my new obsession-of-a-cookbook), but this time with Splenda and a mix of dried cranberries in with my blueberries. Yum… no-guilt snacks for work! Then for dinner I tried out Bird On A Wire (chicken souvlaki à la ES&BM) on whole wheat flatbread with Greek salad. All in all, a pretty good culinary day.
And now it’s Monday. The only thing keeping me going is the leftover souvlaki on Greek salad that I have for lunch. Oh yeah, and the election happening today! I’m going to cast my vote on the way to the gym after work. It’s nice to have a polling station in the lobby of my home. Especially now since I don’t get paid for 3 hours to vote. I really need a new job... but I won't sully this entry with complaints about that. Now that tax season is upon us, I'm sure there will be plenty to complain about later.
23 January 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment