The program, supposedly "approved by Health Canada, is designed to make healthy eating simple, delicious and affordable. In fact, three different YHYW meals will be available every day for the low, low cost of just "two toonies" each." All the meals are developed by leading professional dieticians and executive chefs, and meet the following nutritional guidelines:
- less than 30% calories from fat
- no more than 3 grams of saturated fat
- less than 100 mg of cholesterol
- less than 1000 mg of sodium
- less than 600 calories
- at least 3 grams of fibre
Sounds good, doesn't it?
Today was the first day and while I was standing in line for a Southwest Turkey Burger on Whole Grain Bun with Pineapple Salsa, I heard two people ask if they were still serving "regular burgers" on "non-birdseed bread". When taking my burger to the cash to pay my $4 and get a stamp, I also saw a person walk past 5 different YHYW options and go to the one counter that was serving full fat seafood risotto with cream sauce and some crispy fried thing on top that I couldn't make out.
This is terrible! Why would anyone consciously choose to eat unhealthy when healthy items are staring them in the face? I guess that can be said of anyone in any food situation, but this atrocity was particularly evident today.



3 comments:
I thought you were complaining about what you got and how you still thought it wasn't healthy. You're a food nazi! I'm surprised you didn't say something snarky to the creamy linguini guy ;)
oops I mean risotto!
Also I happen to love bird seed bread.
Like you said earlier, I am hard to please. ;)
Don't even get me started about how they just installed a "smoking area" by the back door that I park near. What is a healthcare company doing encouraging their employees to smoke? It looks bad to the outside people too... Is this the kind of company you want to buy your diabetes meds from?
Post a Comment