16 June 2006

No house yet

I guess we won't be lining up bright and early on Saturday morning to get first dibs on a house in Woodland Ridge. The 4 models we saw last night were really nothing special. None of them would be able to accomodate a tennant. Although this builder uses really quality materials, the fit and finish were not that great either. Looks like they built everything in a rush, which I am sure is what happened.

It's too much money to be shelling out for something I'm just so-so on.

So it's back to the drawing board for us. We're meeting with Walter (our favourite realtor) on Sunday to look at a bunch of places. He says in our price range we could get better value out of a semi-detached. Mike is happy to hear that. I was just looking at towns because I figured that's all we could afford... and it turns out that there really aren't that many towns available in our area and we could get a semi that's maybe 100 sq ft smaller for the same price and it would re-sell better anyway. This is why we need Walter's professional help. I hope we can find something. We like it here but we are feeling really cramped.

No comments: