18 July 2006

22 months later...

Almost 2 years of working here, I'm finally getting a door! Who knew a door would be so exciting?

In case you haven't heard me complain about this before, I currently work in an alcove type room which I share with my cubemate. It's got 3 solid walls and a ceiling, so it's not technically a cubicle. However, I have no door and I'm across the hall from one of the larger meeting rooms which can sometimes be very disruptive to all my work (or web-surfing/wedding-planning depending on what day you catch me on). Another problem with this room is that at the far end of my desk is the mail area where everyone comes by to pick up their mail. Hence, when new people start here they automatically assume I'm the admin for the department.

I'm not sure when the move will happen but at some point in the next bit they are moving me to a real office so that someone returning from mat leave can be here (more accessible to the rest of the department supposedly, which is good for her role and not really necessary for mine). This is very cool! (Even if it's only until my contract expires at the end of the year.)

No comments: