02 August 2006

Oh the drama!

Today was a very weird day.

I was called a racist for saying that Canada is full of many different cultures and that Inuits are not that different from anyone else - we are all Canadians. *scratching head in confusion* I guess he didn't take too kindly to me pointing out that 31 year old men should not be sleeping with 17 year old girls earlier this week and this was all he could come back with as retaliation. Either that or I must drink a lot of Hatorade. Yeah....

Then this afternoon I was feverishly writing another proposal to the Gov't... was on a roll for once... and the power went out. Fans died, lights went dark. My network connection was still going and my battery pack probably would have let me work another 2 hours. However, when it became apparent that the power was going to be out for a while and it was not just a blip, I figured I should save all my work and check it back into the network repository lest I lose any important thoughts. It was only an hour before my regularly scheduled home-time anyway so I figured I might as well get home in time to switch cars with Mike so he could drive to his Dr's appt with some A/C. I'm sure that hour lost will work itself out at some point.

No comments: