This past weekend could have been called "The Oktoberfest That Never Was", or maybe "Adventures in UFC", or even "So Many Thank Yous, So Little Time"... but to give this weekend a title would have implied that it was anything other than laid back and kind of quiet.
On Friday after my interview debaucle I was pretty uninterested in doing anything fun, so I decided to be productive instead and get working on our seemingly never-ending list of thank you notes from the wedding. Mike and I had Coke-roast-turned-beef-stew for dinner and just kind of chilled.
Saturday I met up with my friends Kiran and Sharon for lunch at Failte's. Kiran was not feeling well and the poor girl didn't have a thing to eat. Me on the other hand pigged out on a grease fest of fish and chips, then felt really yucky for the remainder of the day. Since we couldn't get our acts together to attend Oktoberfest this year, Mike and Dave and I ended up at Shoeless Joe's for UFC 64. My first UFC experience was interesting to say the least. Why anyone would let someone else pin them to a mat and bleed all over them is beyond me. One guy started the fight with white shorts and ended the fight with pink ones... and it wasn't even his blood. Yucky. I don't think I'll be volunteering to see any more matches but it wasn't as bad as I thought - much more interesting than football or wrestling. At Shoeless Joe's I had some gigantic onion rings with garlic dipping sauce. That didn't make me feel so great either.
Sunday was just a chance to relax at home. We did some laundry, Mike worked on his math assignment for his AQ course, we finished up enough TY notes to declare that we are now half-way done, and I watched Under the Sea on free-preview movie network (a terrible movie, btw).
I'm not sure if it was the deep fried mess I filled my body with on Saturday but I'm still feeling kind of bleh today, two days later. Perhaps I am "almost sick" again? I managed to fend off the office bug before Thanksgiving, so hopefully I can beat it again. Nyquil is my friend and I think I will invite it to bed tonight... rawr. I've got to stay healthy. There's only a couple more weeks until we get the keys to our new house. We haven't really started packing yet so that is also on my To Do list.
16 October 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
was that the movie with kate bosworth? I wanted to catch the motorcycle diaries on the free preview weekend but it was at some ridiculous hour like 3AM or something so no motorcyle diaries for me :-(
We tried to PVR the movies through our PC media centre but the cable company must have known people would be doing that so they had something that prohibited us from recording - BOO!
Curses! The Motorcycle Diaries is a really good movie. I would watch that 10 times over than waste another 2 hours on the life and times of Bobby Darin delivered in the form of a bad musical. Boo.
Post a Comment