08 April 2007

Costanza, Can't Stand Ya

If you haven't heard by now, I didn't get the position that I interviewed for. Been kind of bummed out about it since I was overqualified and yet was still told that they wanted someone with more experience. I think if an astronaut wants to work at McDonalds, they should be able to get the job - McDonald's would really be getting a deal out of it all.

Oh well. Gotta pick yourself up and dust yourself off.

I thought maybe I'd try doing what George Costanza did... the opposite of everything. I started a new cover letter from scratch and said all kinds of things I would normally think was too cocky and self-important. I attached it to my resume and applied to a position there would be no way in hell I'd be considered for. At this point it can't hurt right?

I just need to get out of what I'm doing right now. Even if the Dragon Lady gets fired for being hellish to work with and utterly incompetent, I still don't think this job is going to give me the experience I'm looking for or get me any closer to the area that I think I want to get into. That plus I hate having to drive 45 mins each way just to cross the city. This set up isn't letting me live much of my life. It feels like work is all I do these days. That, and having nightmares about work.

Easter weekend has been pretty low key for us. On Friday we did the fish thing by having all-you-can-eat sushi for lunch. In the evening we watched Children of Men with Bones and ate popcorn. Yesterday we had a dinner just for two of grilled rosemary lamb chops, grilled asparagus and garlic roasted potatoes, with Nigella's Chocohotopots for dessert. Then we watched Stranger Than Fiction and all the PVR'd tv we have been neglecting. Today was a bit of spring cleaning and Facebooking.

I tried to ask for Monday off, using up my lieu time, but the Dragon Lady made a backhanded comment about how I should definitely take Monday off if my workload permits. Bah. So I'm going to work tomorrow like a good little minion...

I'm just blabbing now so I'll leave you with happy Easter wishes, and hearty :P to all of you who get tomorrow off!

1 comment:

huhboy said...

Keep your head up (and your feet too, I'll vacuum your carpets soon). Good luck!