Paul & Cat's pink and green garden wedding was awesome. Despite the rain, everything was gorgeous. Everyone was so happy. We ate and drank and danced too much - all the signs of a fun time! For favours Cat made truffles for the boys and stained-glass butterfly garden stakes for the girls. That Paul is one lucky guy. I couldn't be more thrilled that my oldest friend in the world found the most perfect woman to spend the rest of his life with.
Here's a pic of the happy couple and another one of me and Paul being goofs (not much has changed over the years!)
And because everyone likes pictures, here is one of Mike and I:
This past weekend was a rare weekend at home. We frantically prepared our house for Mike's parents to come for a visit. Mike and his dad have been planning a "guys with power tools" session as soon as he finished with the summer school course he was teaching. It turned out that Mike's dad wasn't going to arrive until Monday, but at least it wasn't all lost... our house is so clean now that you can eat off the floor... even the carpeted parts. Haha. I also spent a good chunk of time working on the baby blanket I am crocheting for Leanne's baby shower. I'm not sure I'm going to be done by the 12th of August. (As a side note, if anyone knows anything about crocheting - is there a way to prevent my baby finger from getting sore on the hand that manages the yarn? It has become a mishappen claw from clenching into a semi-fist as I'm working the yarn. Perhaps I need to pretend I'm a snooty socialite and stick my pinky out like when the British drink tea?)
When I came home from work yesterday, there was a door-sized hole in our garage and tools all over the lawn. By dinner time the door was in, but not secured. They will be finishing up today.
*I'll post pictures here when I get home... they are on the camera. Stay tuned*
While the boys are renovating today, I am at work blogging, reading SOPs and waiting for 11:30 to come around, at which point our company is taking us to Playdium for a BBQ and an afternoon of go-karting, mini-golfing and arcade debauchery. Fun times! I hope I don't get too spoiled here!
Also, thanks to everyone for their comments. It's a constant reminder that I need to get back on this thing and keep you all updated.





4 comments:
They have a playdium in vancouver that I used to love to go to when I was a teenager.
I bet I would still like it - nothings really changed. I'm still a kid.
I'm so envious of Mike, he gets to do a new renovation.
And see the end result!
I figure our renos will be done. When? That's a question I can't really answer, though. Yikes
Playdium was super fun! Except for the mini-golf. It's hard to believe that there are entire channels dedicated to televising golf... what a boring sport!
No pictures of the door yet - because the door is not finished. Once the boys opened up the wall, they started reworking the ducts and water and all sorts of other things that they noticed were put in sloppy by the builder. Sundial must have hired a lot of lazy workers... it turns out we had an open duct heating the space between the loft floor and the garage ceiling! What a waste of heat and A/C.
You're lucky you found the duct to nowhere fairly early on!
Post a Comment