Mike and I finally said goodbye to the Sidekick and brought home a much smaller sexier car. Say hello to our new (old) car - 2003 Mini Cooper S.

Probably not the most responsible purchase, but we did get an extremely good deal and it will save us a lot of money in gas. Plus, it's fun. Like a go-kart. Mike let me drive it to meet up with my friends Kiran & Sharon for brunch on Saturday. We also drove it that evening to visit our friends Lukasz and Danielle in Toronto, and then to meet up with Mark and Darryl at Cooper's Pub. Then on Sunday we drove it to Waterloo (more on that later). So all in all I think we managed to put a good 300 km on it this weekend. What I have to do now is try to convince Mike to trade me for my 2001 VW Golf. Fat chance.
So on Sunday we spent most of the day in Waterloo. Lunch at Ethel's Lounge never disappoints. Mmm... antijitos. Then we were off to meet Gonzo. The PON breeder from Quebec offered to hook us up with someone local who recently adopted one of her puppies. So we got to meet a very cute very well-behaved little guy on Sunday. I was very surprised at how small he was. I imagined him to be bigger, but he's maybe an inch or two shy of full sized at 6-7 months old. He heard us coming up the hallway and barked like crazy but once we were in the lady's apartment he didn't make a peep. In fact, he was all over me on the couch snuggling in my lap. What a darling!


I don't know if I can wait until the spring. I just about snatched him up and took him home with me right then and there. I broke the news to the Quebec breeder today and let her know that due to timing and distance we are going to try to get our puppy from the North Bay breeder. I feel just awful about it since she has been so helpful and informative. I almost want to wait until April/May and drive the 10.5 hours just to get our puppy from her. The breeder in North Bay has been very kind and helpful too, don't get me wrong. Maybe we should get two just to make it fair? LOL, kidding! Kind of.


3 comments:
awww - what a cutie! We just got back from puppy class part 3 and Cali did much better than last week, so I'm happy. That PON is adorable! I can't wait for you to get yours! Are you going for a girl or a boy? or do you even care?
Love the car too - can I borrow it? ;)
love the new ride! also what a sweet pup!
What a frikin' cute breed of dog...can't wait till you get it. Don't worry though, the Filipinoness in me won't come out and I promise not to eat it
Post a Comment