10 January 2009

Twilight

I hate to admit that I am getting sucked into this whole hype, but I totally am.  Yesterday I met up with my friend Serena for our usual semi-annual dinner, but this time she wanted to see a movie too - Twilight.  Naturally I protested because I'm 30 not 13.  However she really really wanted to see it and I enjoy her company so that's what we did.  I wasn't expecting much from this movie, which I think worked very well in my favour.

LOVED it.  I thought it was really well done.  There were some cheesy teenage-type scenes and dialogue but after we did some snickering at the first half, I got completely drawn into the story.  The chemistry between the two lead characters was undeniable.  Very hot.  I may have to get the DVD when it comes out.

Serena also volunteered to lend me the series (which she finished ALL of over the holidays... yikes!) and I think I will take her up on it.  I have to find out what happens next!

You know who else would really enjoy this movie?  My friend Jason... but mostly because Kristen Stewart has a very strong resemblance to Alexis Bledel, whom I know he is crazy over.  Close up, not so much, but from an arm's length away it's uncanny.  Go see the movie Jason!  Right now.  (I'll even come with you.)

2 comments:

huhboy said...

I'm flattered that you would think that, but I'm sorta trying to get away from becoming a woman (as I draw closer and closer to getting to one). And if Sharon can't get me to go with her...

Of course I may relent and actually go crazy about the movie and series of books, considering I am apparently a 12 year old girl by heart. It'll just have to be down the road in the future, much like GG.

By the way, thanks for outting me as Rory fan. I swear, it's because I admire her intellect!

(Sharon's so lucky!)

Jen(nnn) said...

Hahah! Wanting to see a movie because you think the female lead is hot (ahem, I mean smart) doesn't make you a 12 year old girl. LOL. There were actually about 40% guys in the theatre when I went to see it. At a 7:30 pm show there weren't as many teenagers as I expected either!

Maybe I'll go with Sharon then. :P I am itching to see it again b/c I think I missed some details when I first saw it.