02 January 2009

Welcome to January

It's my first day back to work after the holidays and guess what I find...?

Having left my laptop in the office during the break, not only did my Adobe Acrobat crashing problem get fixed, but I also now have admin priviledges to my laptop!  Merry Christmas and happy New Year to me!  First thing I downloaded and installed?  MSN Live Messenger, of course.  No more crappy Windows Messenger for me. 

I hope everyone had a good holiday out there.  As usual, I ate too much, didn't sleep enough, watched too much TV (Lost Seasons 1 & 2), and didn't want to come back to work.  New for this year, Roz getting spoiled by the family, no turkey at all (will be making some this weekend to make up for it!) and the realization that both our families have their share of nutjobs.

Santa did not bring me that overindulgent laptop bag, and I don't plan on buying it for myself.  It turns out my new job is WAY more casual than any place I have ever been.  Not only can I wear jeans to work (unless I'm meeting with clients, of course) but it seems that when people aren't very busy here, they just go home.  So a laptop bag in red Italian leather is sort of overkill.  Mike and I actually can't think of anything to get ourselves for Christmas... which is kind of nice.  In this age of consumerism, it's good to know we have very few needs and all else is just the icing on top.  We are much too practical for our own goods!  Haha.

No comments: