25 November 2005

'Tis the Season

Well it looks like I survived the first major snowfall of the year unscathed. I was a little worried, since I've never driven the Golf in snow before. Mike was bugging me to splurge on teflon winter blades even though they were twice the price of my regular Motomaster ones. Our compromise was that each of us would get a Motomaster regular snow wiper for the passenger side of our cars and a Motomaster teflon blade for the driver's side. In my head-to-head study, I have found that I just wasted an extra $10 I didn't need to on teflon blades. Oh well.

Today I've decided to "work from home" so that I could head to Costco as soon as they open to get my oil changed. I should have done it last week, but I had to host an impromptu meeting last Friday and our attempt at getting the car in on the weekend were unsuccessful. Merely 30 mins from the time Costco opened on Saturday, the line up at the tire centre was about 12 people deep and before we even got halfway to the front desk, they announced that all of their timeslots were full for the rest of the day. Nice.

Later this afternoon I'm heading to the Christmas One of a Kind Show with Kate. If I'm lucky I'll be getting all of our Christmas shopping done today. Anything that saves me from fighting the crowds at the mall is probably a good thing. We'll be having dinner afterwards which probably means steak and sweet potato frites at Summit House Grill (if I can help it). Yay... another way to break my diet. Fooey.

This morning I finally uploaded our photo session with Dan on our Wedsite. My CD-ROM on my desktop is busted, so had kept putting off loading the pictures until I had my laptop home and no work to do (hahhaa...), so if you want to check it out, go for it. Be warned though that it's a whole lot of cheesiness.

Since my Blog has been devoid of pictures for the last bit, here's a sample:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 comments:

Mark Hutchison said...

Within the next 5 years teflon will be recognized as major environmental hazard and be restricted from most commercial applications. Teflon disposal facilities will be created to store teflon stockpiles until a safe method of breaking down the molecules is found.

Researchers have already started to see disturbingly high levels of teflon in ground water and wildlife.

You have been warned.

Mark Hutchison said...

Seriously ... What's the deal with moderation? Do people really post that many inappropriate things on your Weblog? Let's have a little freedom baby! YeAh!

Jen(nnn) said...

I was a post moderating snob, but now I have seen the light!

You may post comments at will. Go! Do it!