16 November 2005

Vive la Quebecois!

I try not to say much about politics because it is an area where I have little to no interest and/or knowledge. However a very curious thing has just happened. The new leader of the PQ has been announced as André Boisclair, a young (I wouldn't call a 39 year old very experienced in politics), openly gay, former cocaine user.

Gosh. Seems to me that the French are even more liberal than our Liberals!

It makes me wonder who else was in the running. It also makes me wonder if this approach will net them a leader to lead Quebec to sovereignty. Not that I want Quebec to separate, mind you... I am quite fond of the places I've been to in Quebec. But either the older Quebecois are getting less conservative about their views, or there are a lot of young, hip separtists out there...

No comments: