Ok. So I spoke too soon.
My boss asked me this morning if I had heard anything about my interview yet. I told her I hadn't but that I was not too hopefull. She said that she didn't want to leave me high and dry after Christmas, just in case, so we should probably get together to talk about next year. In the meantime she would call Dave and see what's what.
I got a call from her just after lunch asking me to see her in her office. She said she had spoken to Dave briefly and it turns out that they haven't made a decision yet. I should probably hear later this week or next, but usually they don't like to say anything to anyone until after they have all the paperwork in place. I'm still not that hopefull but at least there is still a slim chance. Neerja wanted to start up the paperwork to extend me into next year anyways, since she is taking the week before the Christmas holidays off for vacation. She says if it turns out that I get offered the job, then we can cancel the contract, even if I have already signed it.
The best part: She gave me a raise. Another $3/hr. Which puts me essentially where the drug safety job would have put me. So either way, I get to work all of next year and I will be making the same amount no matter what job I have. I still want the security of being permanent, but hey... this is not too bad. At. All.
06 December 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment