01 December 2005

Momma raised me right.

While I don't believe there is any one thing that can make or break someone's decision about hiring a person, I'm glad that I decided to send thank you notes even after completely blowing my interview. It can't hurt to be considerate or polite.

I received a reply from Dana yesterday saying that it was a pleasure to meet me. Just now I received a reply from Dave:

It was a pleasure being able to meet with you outside of the insert top secret plan meetings. Thanks for taking the time to meet with not only me but Dana and Wilda also.

That was very professional. I mean he could have not even bothered writing back. So now I get to play the waiting game... but I've pretty much put it in the back of my mind since nothing short of a miracle will get me the job after making such a fool of myself in front of the director. Miracles do happen though. I can never decide if I'm an optimist or a pessimist. Sometimes it's both.

No comments: