16 February 2006

MS Excel is smarter than all of you!

Holy cow. I just spent 40 minutes with a colleague of mine trying to figure out why one of her data points on a template graph (that I created) would not behave as the others. We wanted a bar and it was giving us a dot. WTF? I sat in her office right-clicking everywhere I could think of and I just couldn't understand why the one value on the spreadsheet kept giving me a "green exclamation point" alert and refusing to translate the data set into a bar starting at 31-sept-09 and going out for 355 days.

It took 40 minutes... and now I'm laughing my ass off at how we let the "machine" beat us.

I'll give a prize to the first person who can figure it out.

3 comments:

Ferda said...

Eureka! September only has 30 days!!!

Jen(nnn) said...

You win!

Your prize is knowing that you won. Hehe.

Ferda said...

oh the glory!