Greetings from Romulus! Sounds a little SciFi, doesn't it? I find it very strange that the Detroit Airport is in Romulus, MI. In any case, here we are at the Marriott waiting for our breakfast to arrive and after we eat the airport shuttle will take us down the road to catch our flight.
After a very frustrating, argument-filled, many-detoured drive through Michigan we go to our hotel at about 9pm last night and basically melted into their oh-so soft sheets and bedding. There must be some sort of hotel secret to making their beds so comfy. I was feeling really yucky yesterday because our only option for dinner was an old school McD's by the town of Chatham. Yes, that's 27g of fat in your McChicken sandwich. No, there is no "healthy options" menu here. No, all of our toasted sandwiches are sold out. Boo-urns. Chatham was like the twillight zone.
I woke up fully refreshed at the ungodly hour of 5am this morning. I lay around until 5:30 then went to the fitness center and watched Bosom Buddies while I did some cardio. I didn't remember that Tom Hanks was in that show... what a flashback!
Well, breakkie is almost here. I'd better get our stuff gathered up. Hope to post again from Florida, but I'm not promising anything!
11 March 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
hope you're having a great time. I have ESBM news for you when you get back. You're going to be so jealous of me. Of course you get to be in FL so I'm jealous of that. Now we're even. Ok maybe not. You still have it slightly better. Anyhoo, I'll fill you in when you get back!
No way... I'M going to be jealous of YOU... because by my calendar, you've been able to see without contacts or glasses for 2 days now! Whoo hoo! Hope the surgery went well! Hope you're back at work on Monday so we can catch up!
Post a Comment