04 March 2006

What have I been up to these past few days?

Well Wednesday and Thursday were nothing to blog home about (hardy har har). I worked from home on Wednesday, and worked from work on Thursday.

Friday I also worked from home and it's sad to say but without my chatty smelly food eating cubiclemate around, I get a lot more done. I did pipeline projections for 3 TPD bureau and updated one of our framework documents that needed to be basically re-written after Rav (the VP) cancelled our dept's business review meetings. I got a call in the afternoon from a guy named Mike at Mosto Vinho who I had left my name with back before Christmas. He said he had some samples ready that I might want to try... and who am I to turn down free wine anyway? I told him I'd be dropping by on Saturday. Friday evening was dinner with the M.Biotech girls (sans Jenn) at the Keg. I fretted for a while because I wasn't sure I'd be able to find something on their menu that would fall within my new "eating parameters". In the end I was good and (sadly) turned down their delicious charbroiled beef for a grilled tuna steak with spicy cucumber salsa and wild rice pilaf. No booze, just water (2 glasses to top off the 2L I've been trying to get every day). It was a lot of fun just catching up with everyone, though I felt a bit out of place because I wasn't up to date with the Pharma goings-ons that they were chatting about like which company's products are going to bomb. I need to get a job with more science, seriously folks. It's ridiculous when I can't even hold my own in a science conversation.

Today I did some laundry and went to pick up the wine samples from Mosto Vinho. We got a bottle of Rosso Fortissimo, a bottle of Chilean Maipo Valley Carmenère Cabernet Sauvignon, and a bottle of California Lake County Trio Blanca. I'm thinking maybe be should bring them with us to Florida to taste with Adele and Des, who actually know a thing or two about wine. Does anyone know if you can fly with wine? Carry on or checked in? The rest of our plans for today have fallen through, but Jenn is throwing a 30th birthday shindig for her fiance Greg tonight in Ajax. We are so lame and unexciting that we most probably won't be making the trek all the way out there. We hadn't planned on it and neither of us are really feeling social enough to get ourselves there at the last minute. Plus, Mike is really busy with his special ed. course today. Meh.

Tomorrow hopefully we will be having brunch with Mark. He's kindly volunteered his luggage for our trip. It will be good to see him. We don't get to see him enough anymore. There used to be a time when he'd be at my door when I came home, and now no Mark at all unless he's out visiting Ashleigh at her parents' place or we make the drive to Waterloo. Boo-urns. We need to do a few silly things like exchange some money while the exchanging is good, pick up a parks and rec book from the rec centre, weigh our invitation prototypes at the post office, and go shopping for Florida stuff (who knew I'd actually want to buy a tube top in my lifetime?).

On Monday I will probably need to tell my manager that I'll be on vacation the next week. Only 7 more days until I get to head south. Even if it won't really be beach weather down there, I will still be spending ample time on the beach, no worries!

2 comments:

Ferda said...

I never figured you to be the pink tube top type of girl. Alas time makes a fool of us all :P

Jen(nnn) said...

Ferda, I feel like you don't know me at all!!!!

Kidding. Haha. I can count exactly how many times I have worn a tube top in public - once. But now I have a green one and I'll probably wear it all week... some things are just necessary.