
Yesterday I received a voicemail to announce that in order to help protect the health of my company's community and ensure the continued supply of public health critical medicines, a new global policy on Employee Health Pandemic Preparedness has been approved, which commits to supplying all active employees AND their families with supply of R***** or T****** in the event of a global flu pandemic. Niiiice.
On top of that, yesterday was spring cleaning day and we were all expected to clean out our offices. This was quite a task for my cubiclemate and I since before either of us came along (keep in mind that I was hired first and I've already been here for almost 2 years), our area was inhabited by an administrator (or two) so there were two filing cabinets and two bookshelves with crap that we needed to shred, recycle or dump. Anyone want a USP from 1995? What about a piece of laminated MDF that I can only guess to have been part of a desk at some point? We carted all our reusables to the rotunda in exchange for coffee cake. Then I worked on a wordserach puzzle with hidden words about records management. I think the draw prize is a stuffed penguin if I hand it in by Friday.
So in essence, yesterday I was paid to clean my office and do a wordsearch puzzle while the company earmarked flu pandemic medication for me and my entire family.
You may be asking yourself why I would ever want to leave this glorious place? I don't really. I just want a better job here - one where I can have some pride of ownership and feel included in the rest of my department.
In other news, we went out for sushi last night for Mike's birthday with Dave. Mmmm... first we had the sushi pizza, then we got the 20pc assorted sushi with 6pcs of california roll and the 6pc "chef's choice" sashimi which turned out to be red snapper and salmon, and we finished it all off with tempura bananas with vanilla and green tea ice cream. I wish we could afford to eat like that all the time.
I got our vacation pictures off the camera and will post some of those later today hopefully!


1 comment:
That IS a lot of potatoes!
Thom, she is so darling! I just want to pinch those cheeks. I wish I could leave you comments in Xanga. :(
If you can figure out a way without me signing up for a Xanga acct, please let me know!
Post a Comment