04 April 2006

More adventures in Chiropractic with a side of Taxes

Yesterday was my 2nd visit to Dr. S. Nice guy. Still don't think he's "adjusting" anything. He did however do an arm rotation thing that hurt at the time but made me feel really relaxed after. Yay for endorphins. I guess unless they stop putting out that little candy dish by the receptionist, I will probably continue going to see Dr. S whenever Mike goes.

I also had a chance yesterday to talk to my friend Aly about my taxes. He is the nicest guy ever for offering to do my taxes. He did them last year, but they were pretty straight forward last year. This year, I appreciate him even more because it apparently took him 3 hours to get my taxes in order. Poor guy. If I could have done it myself, or known how to organize my stuff better to help him out I would have! He probably saved me hundreds of dollars from having to hire a non-friend tax guy. The sad news is that for the first year ever I owe the government money. Not just a little either... quite a hefty sum. *sigh* Good thing I have enough saved to cover it, but this does not bode well for wedding expenses.

I guess this means that even though LASIK was sort of out of the question before, it's really really really out now....

2 comments:

Ferda said...

Hang in there Jen. 2007 is the year of Lasik. I just know it!

Jen(nnn) said...

I'm not good at being patient. I figure if we have to take out a loan for wedding expenses anyway, what's another grand or so? Tsk tsk.