What the heck? I went to the dentist yesterday and I have 5 tiny cavities. I guess that's better than 5 (or even 1) big one, but still. I have to go back next week to get them drilled and filled. He says that they're so small I won't even need to be frozen. I don't think that makes me feel better. Bring on the freezing!
So I haven't been to the dentist in almost 3 years. It's just hard to justify $200 for a cleaning when you have no dental coverage. With optometrist visits no longer being covered by OHIP and seeing as they're $80 a pop now, it's probably a good thing I'm going for Lasik on Thursday or else I'd slowly go blind too.
---
Last weekend was a busy one. I went home to visit my parents while Mike stayed behind with the intention of attending one of our friend's bachelor party. Since we found out at Ahmic that Casey's wedding was only 3 weeks away, I guess that means we weren't invited... and I think that explained Mike's reluctance to go out for the bachelor bash (which he didn't go to in the end).
While I was home I went shopping with my mother for her wedding ceremony outfit, tasted cakes again, worked on completing my address list, and I bought 2 more outfits for the wedding for myself. *whew* Busy busy!
My mother took me to this designer's showroom and magically everything in my size was also in my exact height! That's new. It makes trying on clothes a lot more fun when you don't have to imagine the sleeves being a foot shorter and the pant legs don't drag along the ground and get caught under your shoes.
The biggest pain experienced this weekend was the fact that we had to add 11 more families to our guest list b/c my father failed to mention his relatives even though I asked him many many times to give me an estimate. All he mentioned was an uncle in Australia and an uncle in Cali. What he MEANT was an uncle in Australia, 4 uncles in Cali, 2 aunts in Cali, a cousin in Seattle and a family friend in Mississauga... plus, my mother decided since were were inviting her brother's in-laws in London, we should invite my dad's sister's in-laws as well... 2 more families. This meant I had to unstuff some of the invitations and re-stuff them for these new found guests. Now Mike and I have to make another 10 or so invitations before we're done (sorry bridal party and a couple of local friends... you'll be getting your invites a few days late).
Another new development when I went home was the mysterious disappearance of my brother. The Thursday before the long weekend my brother went somewhere (not unusual, since he has long since stopped telling my parents about his plans) but this time a week had gone past and he had not been home. It turns out he and my mother had a misunderstanding where she thought he was going camping and asked him to leave his key so he wouldn't lose it in the bush, and he thought she was kicking him out and asking him to leave his key so he couldn't get back in. In the end, I think it will be better this way with him out of the house. Less stress and anger for all. He's now living with a couple of school friends somewhere in town. I picked him up after work on Saturday to get him fitted for a tux and got the scoop. Hopefully he will learn some responsibility while he is on his own. If we're lucky he might even get an appreciation for our parents and show them a little respect in the future.
---
Today I am working from home since my manager is in Ottawa. It was a great opportunity to take a break in the middle of the morning to stop at the post office and mail all the invites we can at the moment (minus those ~10 I mentioned earlier). Then I drove to Markham to get more paper to make the last few invites and on my way stopped at the Markham Civic Centre to get our marriage license.
That's two major things I can now check off the list.
Only 12 more weeks.
---
I know I promised Ahmic pictures, but they're somewhere on Mike's computer now so I'll have to remember to get him to send them to me.
30 May 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment