Today's topic: Marriage licenses
Ontario municipalities are collectively stupid. Don't say "3 months" if you really mean "90 days", especially if it pertains to the length of time a license is valid for.
Three months from today (May 26th) is our wedding date (August 26th). So here I am thinking, hey it's Friday and I'm heading home for the weekend... why not stop in St. Thomas where marriage licenses are $100 and save myself the $30 more it would have cost me to get my marriage license here in town? A quick call to City Hall squashed that idea.
90 days from today is August 23rd.
This means I can't go get our license until Monday, when I am inconveniently back in the City where everything from houses to marriage licenses are more expensive. Bruuuuuutal.
Out of principle I want to drive to Cobourg on Monday so I can purchase the stupid thing for $75. Grr.
26 May 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment