My vision was great all weekend. When we were outside I sat in the shade with my big ol' uber-sunglasses on like a good girl. I haven't experienced any light sensitivity but I'm being careful anyway. No burning sensations either. Only slight haloing around bright objects, but only a little moreso than I had experienced with my contacts at night anyway.
So you can imagine my surprise yesterday when I woke up with blurry vision. Again today too. It's not terrible. It's about as bad as if I had been wearing contacts for way too long or if I had touched my contact without washing lotion off my hands or something. But it's bad enough that I wouldn't feel comfortable driving and it's a bit of a strain considering I spend my working day in front of a computer.
Since returning to work I've kept my office lights off and have been diligently applying the rewetting drops. The air in here is noticeably drier, but it's not too bad.
I've been freaking out a little bit because of it. I tried calling my optometrist but she has been bad at returning my calls. I left a message that I was experiencing blurrier vision today and that was still not "emergency" enough for her to call me back ASAP. I'm sure she's waiting until she is done with all of her patients today before she calls me, just like the day of my 24 hr follow up when I called her at lunch and she didn't call me back until 9pm. Grr... somebody should iron her!
Thankfully, my saviour, Ferda, was able to come to my rescue! Just when I was starting to panic that something was wrong and that I shouldn't have opted out of the extended insurance on my surgery, she told me that it was perfectly normal to have your vision get really good after the surgery but turn to sort of blurry as time went on. Something to do with the steriod drops interferring with the healing process. She was the same way after her surgery. My vision should get better again, especially when I'm done putting the drops in. Boy do I feel better now!
It is disappointing though that I had to hear this from a friend, rather than my optometrist. Shame on you Dr. T!
06 June 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment