Well, there goes half our household income! It will be a good break for Mike though. He's been working hard all year. Hopefully he can join the permanent union soon and get paid through the summer, like the regular teachers.
In other news, by my calculations Ferda and James should be returning from their vacation abroad. Welcome back you two! Hope you had a good time in England and the Canary Islands. And also, Jill and Daryan (are still moving?) have moved back to K/W from Vancouver. Whee! Welcome back, of a different kind, to you two!
Tonight marks the beginning of Kiran's wedding festivities. I'm going to be attending her mehndi and pithi ceremony tonight, then on Sunday Mike and I are going to her nikkah ceremony and reception. Should be a fantastic party! The only unfortunate part is that we will be missing Steve's retirement party, which I know Mike is sad about.
My parents are due to show up in town sometime today. In their typical fashion I was not told they were coming until yesterday and it's too late (and impossible to begin with) to change my plans for today, which include my 1-month post-surgery eye exam and Kiran's stuff.
On Saturday we are meeting with Walter to scan the MLS. How's that for good customer service? I feel bad that we're taking up time on his Canada Day, but this weekend is jammed packed and he didn't seem to mind on the phone.
Other than all of that, my weekend will be pretty relaxed. I guess this is how all my weekends will be for the next couple of months. *sigh* You can bet I will make up for all of it when we get to Costa Rica!
30 June 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
awwwww - thanks for the 'welcome back' jen! it's nice to be home :)
thanks for the warm welcome jen! :-)
Sorry to hear things didn't pan out with the house but you know everything happens for a reason and something even more suitable for you guys is bound to come up. As for the evil grinning lady I have 2 words... KARMA BABY!!!
Post a Comment