05 July 2006

I should be working but...

- I realized today that the cafeteria is inconsistent with their prices. Today for lunch I had the same tex-mex chicken salad that I had yesterday. The only difference was I was charged $0.50 extra yesterday. Hmmm... I'd better start paying attention to what things cost down there. It doesn't help that the prices aren't all posted. Store this in your mental cabinet: coffee costs $1.25, a small-sized prepared salad is $3.50

- I can't really work from home anymore because Mike is off for the summer. I also can't work at work because there are too many distractions. Namely, my cubiclemate's stinky food, the meeting room across the hall and its super loud speakers, people walking in and out of my cube to check the mail area. No wonder new people think I'm an admin!

- I called the Station Park today to book a room for Mike and I. We figure it would suck to not be able to get a room in the very hotel that we had blocked for our guests. It turns out I didn't have to worry about that since only 3 people have booked rooms so far. It was also a good thing I called b/c the guy reminded me that our block of rooms gets re-released come July 26th (a month before the wedding) so if people don't book their rooms soon, they might not be able to get one at all unless another wedding party's rooms get re-released on the 26th of July. Soooooo.... we'd better start reminding all our procrastination-friendly guests that if they snooze they will lose (out on the chance to snooze). *groan* That was lame, I know.

- Speaking of procrastination... our RSVP deadline is coming up next Friday. We have only officially heard back from 81 of our guests and there are 136 replies outstanding. That doesn't count all of the unofficial verbal RSVPs we've gotten but I wanted to give those people the chance to RSVP online if they wanted to. If I fill it out for them, they won't be able to do it online if they try. I would have thought people would be more excited to send back a reply but I guess not! I also didn't expect so many people to just "assume" we knew what their reply would be. Hey... even if I know you're coming (ahem, wedding party, that means you!) I still need to know if you and/or your guests are allergic to any foods and what song you want to request for the reception.

- A recent guilty pleasure of mine is to check our wedding registry to see what's getting checked off. Shame on me, I know! In my head I am not ruining any surprises. I still can't tell who bought what and whether it's for the shower or wedding. I'm waiting to see if anyone will buy the $10 doorstop or the Homer Simpson Talking Wall Clock. Heh. It's really cool to know that someone bought us baking dishes, placesettings, a french press and a hostess set in our flatware pattern. We're having fun guessing who. Well, that's enough randomness for today. I think I'll go back to my regularly scheduled surfing now. Do I feel guilty for wasting so much time at work? Sometimes, yes. This week? Not so much.

1 comment:

J i L L. said...

that's the biggest complaint i've heard from my married friends - people don't reply. in this day and age, people don't adhere to the etiquette rules as they should. and, b/c a wedding is, in some ways, a throwback to tradition, people should step up to the plate and join in the proverbial etiquette game. lol. mini rant.