14 July 2006

Study manager no more

The study manager posting that went up on Wednesday is gone already. I was planning on submitting my resume on Monday when my manager got back from her (second) vacation, since you need to have your manager's approval before you can apply to anything.

Is this a sign of things to come?
Will I be unemployed by Christmas?

I feel like I keep coming up a dollar short and a day late. I guess I need to enroll in that clinical research course at Michener after all. If I could make a career of constantly going back to school, I'd be rich. Instead, I'm the opposite because of all the tuition I keep shelling out.

Maybe it's time to give up on this biotech thing and go to dental school once and for all. If dentists got more respect, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Not one person that I have mentioned this idea to has been supportive.

"Everyone hates the dentist, you know."
"Dentists have the highest suicide rate."
"Ew. Teeth."

Gee... thanks. I guess I should become a professional web-surfer then. That would really be something to be proud of. :P

3 comments:

J i L L. said...

dentists are loaded.
dentists make your teeth pretty.

there are two things that are good about being a dentist!

...back to painting...

J.

Jen(nnn) said...

Thanks Jill! That makes me feel a bit better.

Good news though... the job posting is back up again. I contacted HR to inquire and they said it was taken down temporarily for corrections. It's back (but now a contract position) and I'm going to apply on Monday!

Ferda said...

things are looking up!

I love that someone made an 'ew. teeth' comment. LOLS