11 July 2006

This must be some sort of record

Three blogs in one day. I must be very very bored at work. What else is new?

My manager who just returned from a 2 week vacation out East on Monday is taking Wed-Fri off as well. Must be nice to have so many vacation days. One day when I have a *real* job I will have vacation days too. And maybe I'll actually care about what I'm doing and want to come to work every day? Nah... then it wouldn't be called work.

So there's 4 days left until our RSVP deadline and we're actually doing pretty well. There are only 40 outstanding replies. Hopefully those will trickle in soon and we won't have to go around harassing people.

I also indulged in checking our registries again. Whoo hoo... someone bought us a Coleman camping stove. Shortly after we put that on the list, it showed up as "limited availability" and so on because it is a seasonal item. I guess someone physically went into a CTC and picked one up - someone who knows us very well perhaps - yay! We're also pretty close to receiving all our dishes and there have been 6 sets of flatware purchased too. This must all be our friends and Mike's family since my family wouldn't know where to begin buying something off a registry. My mom told me that "wouldn't it be easier to print off a list of what you want and bring it home?" No mom... that defeats the purpose of having a registry and avoiding duplicate purchases. She has yet to enter the information age.

One thing I don't get is that no one has touched our HO registry? What's with that? Is there something wrong with HO? Do people not like our choice in towels? It's puzzling, but I guess we can always purchase our own towels after the wedding. The one thing we actually really need from that list is the folding screen as we were hoping to use it for our seating chart. Hmmm... I might have to go get that myself before the wedding just so we have it. I'm also kind of sad that no one thinks we need 800 TC sheets. Haha... we only put those on there b/c they were on super sale. I guess that doesn't show up on the registry where items are listed at regular price? Ooooh... 800 TC... that sure beats the 230 TC we are sleeping on now.

Ok. I'm starting to sound like a spoiled brat. I'll stop now. I do finally understand the purpose of having gift registries. We resisted for a long time but now that we put in all that work, I think it's worth it. A lot of people might not know what kinds of things we like/enjoy. I mean, we see Mike's Uncle Tom and Aunt Patty maybe once a year. How would they know that I don't own any towels that aren't hand-me-downs? Of course, this is hindsight talking. When we were actually putting in all those hours of browsing to create our lists, we were pretty cranky campers.

No comments: