11 August 2006

Little Distractions

This week has been full of pleasant little distractions. I'm sure it's not helping me feel any more relaxed though. Only 16 days to go....

First we picked up Kath at the airport on Wednesday. It was really nice to spend a tiny bit of time with her before the wedding. We had wings at Coopers with Bones and Joe. It was almost a mini-wedding-party outing. I made a lame excuse to go home early on Thursday morning so I could spend a little more time with her before we had to send her on a train to Ottawa. Hopefully my manager is not mad since my excuse was really weak, even for me.

Then last night I spent a few hours enjoying the patio at Failte's with a few West-GTA WBers. Parker's grandfather is dying of cancer so she's been really bummed. I think it was good for her to get out and get her mind off of things.

Today, I got a surprise visit from Kiran at work. She's in town for an AIDS conference or something and she had a meeting with Diane here, so she stopped in. It was good to see her. I think California is treating her well b/c she looks great. Either that, or it's the fact that she doesn't have to plan a wedding anymore. Maybe I'll look like a million bucks after this too. Probably not though... I'll be lucky if I look like a buck-fifty.

There's still lots to do. I feel like I need to make a list.

Also left to do:
  • decide on and order alcohol (dedided on, but not ordered)
  • make table numbers/menus
  • print out and assemble seating chart
  • arrange transportation (done)
  • buy undergarments for my dress
  • send photographer must-take-photo list (done)
  • find "something borrowed" (done - thanks Kath!)
  • make hairpins (tried making one, will need to buy wire for the rest)
  • finalize itinerary and give to wedding party, vendors and parents
  • start paying the balances on all our deposits (restaurant is done, paid for the cake today, will pay 2nd deposit for photographer tomorrow)
  • wrap bridal party and parents' gifts
  • get a hold of our officant to drop off our marriage license and get him to check over our program before printing (done through the parish office since Fr. Callistus is ill)
  • make playlists for dinner and the reception

I'm sure there's more. We've both been having wedding dreams (or rather nightmares) and I don't think I've had a solid 8 hours sleep all month. Gotta remember to take deep breaths.

No comments: