Last weekend was a very productive one. Well except for Friday when we got stuck in traffic for 2 hours on the way to Paperland and then wasted another few hours wandering the Pacific Mall waiting for the traffic to lighten up. Precious precious hours! We did manage to pick up a bunch of (potentially) illegal DVDs at the mall.... which we have no time to watch until after the wedding anyway. Friday night was spent making programs, which we finished Saturday morning.
On Saturday we had dinner with the Hagermans. Serena is one of my most favourite people. Dinner was orchestrated in order for her to meet Mike finally and for both of us to meet her husband Steve. I like Steve, but there was no doubt that I would. I have also developed a level of admiration for him b/c when the bill was delivered, he managed to slip his card in there and have it taken away before we even noticed it came. I think that was really slick, not to mention generous.
Sunday was a horrid fiasco where I spent hours at the mall looking for "invisible line" underwear and tried to squeeze myself into lingerie that I was hoping would flatter my mutant figure. If I ever complain about how terrible shopping for a bathing suit is, remind me that at least I'm not shopping for lingerie. They really need to make petite sizes to fit short people like me b/c I think my torso is about 2-3" too short for everything that could be even remotely sexy. Ever had boning stab you in the gut because it just doesn't bend where your body does? Yeah. That's really sexy.
Yesterday Mike and I went to the mall to get stuff for our reception awards and to keep the kiddies occupied. We found a cute canister for our kissing game. I really figure people will clink on their glasses like barbarians anyways and we won't have a moment's rest for dinner. *sigh* Then we messed around with the songlist and the presents for our wedding party and parents. Next thing you know it was hours past my bedtime and I'm really paying for it today.
Zzzzzz....
15 August 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment