#125 - Everyone wants to take you out for breakfast/lunch/dinner and give you gifts before your big day.
Ok so there really aren't 124 reasons preceding this one for getting married. I just think it's a funny phenomenon that suddenly everyone wants to spend time with you before the wedding.
Some of my colleagues took me out for lunch today. My manager organized a "surprise" wedding shower lunch. She probably doesn't know this, but I already knew about it since I have access to her calendar and she had 2 hours blocked off today for "Jen's surprise wedding shower lunch". It was cute... in the meeting request she had put "shh... it's a surprise". Anyway, she took me out to Tosca and the others were already there waiting for me. What did surprise me was that I didn't even think to look behind the table where my presents were sitting. So when they brought them out, I was truly shocked. They bought me 2 cake pans, a magnetic spice rack set and a hand mixer all from the registry. How cool is that? I was totally way off thinking it was a wedding guest who bought those things. I guess this means I should plan to bake a cake in the near future to bring in and share.
I ordered the risotto al funghi and now I have major garlic breath.
16 August 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
yay for wedding showers!
Post a Comment