19 August 2006

One week to go!

In exactly one week today, we will be throwing the biggest party of our lives. Very exciting! I was at WB checking up on the other Aug 26th girls and yesterday someone posted a list of all the things they have left to do this week. She seemed to think she was in great shape... even though she hadn't checked off a lot of the bigger things that we have (e.g. programs, seating chart, parent's gifts, etc.). So that makes me feel really good about the next 7 days.

Yesterday I went for my 3 month follow-up for my eyes. 20/20 in my right, 15/20 in my left... and 15/20 with both. My right eye is noticeably fuzzier than my left, especially in the morning when I'm reading street signs on my way to work. It kind of bugs me, but I guess I can't complain. There is really no way to ensure that both eyes would have ended up the same and either way I have perfect vision. The optometrist (my least favourite one so far) suggested I take Vit C and Omega-3 supplements. I'm sure I get plenty of Vit C and I have been sporadically taking fish liver oil. I guess I'll try taking those more regularly even though they are gigantic and smell terrible. I had thought I had fulfulled my commitment for follow-up appointments, but they wanted me to make a 9 month appointment anyway (Mar '07).

Then I went to Donato for a "radiant facial" where I got all relaxed and prettied up my skin. I liked this facial better than the one I got with the aqua pillows at Civello, but the big drawback of Donato is that you're in the mall and you know it... even from inside the spa area you can still hear the bustle outside. It's not as relaxing as it could be, had they put in better soundproofing.

Anyway, I feel relaxed now and pretty confident about all the plans we've made so far. I hope all our hard work and effort pays off. Mike has been an especially busy bee lately and that has helped so much! I don't know how much blogging I will get to do in the next few days before we pack up and head to London... so I'm just going to say adios now and we'll see you all on the flipside of the Married People's Club.

2 comments:

J i L L. said...

hey jen,

best of luck! have fun on the big day... don't forget that - i've heard these things can get pretty hectic...

daryan and i will be thinking of you both on your special day :)

Jen(nnn) said...

thanks jill! we wish you and Daryan were able to join us. i will be sure to have lots of pictures to share when we get back.