21 August 2006

Worst. Vacation. Luck. Ever.

Only 5 days left to go and guess what?

We've got honeymoon troubles AGAIN. We received a call this evening from Selloff to inform us that the resort we are staying at is undergoing some renovations. The agent had a very thick (French?) accent so it was kind of hard to understand him, but it didn't sound good at all. I asked him to send me an email as written confirmation of the hotel advisory:

They will be building new Casitas
They will also be expanding gym and the spa (but they will still remain open)
Also the hotel will be changing the Las Feuntes restaurant (the decor only)

The most important is that there will be minimal noise and no heavy equipment

On the phone I asked him if we were still going to get a casita suite since some of the major renovations are in the casita area. He said that he couldn't gurantee it. That makes life difficult. I am hoping that he was just trying to cover his ass and didn't want to promise anything to anyone. I don't mind if we get upgraded to a swim-up casita, but if we get downgraded, we will be mighty ticked off. One part that I heard quite clearly was when he said that they were not offering any substitutions or compensations at the moment. Not good.

Sultana, who was just at the resort at the beginning of the month, told me later that the renovations were really unobtrusive. She and her husband did not notice anything going on during their stay. They did get a casita at the beginning of the casita area, so the resort hadn't blocked off everything... that's good news I suppose.

*sigh*

There's not much we can do about this. I submitted an inquiry to the resort to stress that this was our honeymoon and that we were concerned about our room situation. Hopefully they will consider this when they dole out whatever casitas are available. I can handle some minor renovations, especially if there will be no heavy machinery operating... but we were quite looking forward to staying in their casita suites, so I hope that part doesn't fall through.

No comments: