24 September 2006

Congratulations Jenn & Greg!

Why am I awake so early on a Sunday? I really need to master the skill of sleeping in. It seems no matter what time I go to bed, I'm lying awake staring at the ceiling by 7am at the latest. I hope that it's not really some weird internal clock, but rather that this is around the time Hurontario awakes with audible traffic, and as soon as we move out to the boondocks I'll start sleeping like a teenager again.

First off, congratulations to Jenn and Greg who were married atop a ski hill yesterday afternoon. The skies were overcast but luckily the weather held out for their outdoor ceremony. The funniest part of an otherwise beautiful ceremony was after Greg finished reciting his vows and Jenn said "Good job, babe!" I've got lots of pictures and also managed to get a few shots that even impressed myself. As soon as Mike wakes up, I will have him get them off his camera to post. The food was delicious but a bit on the heavy side and my entire GI system was not very happy with me by the time I got home. The speeches were long, but touching (well once we had them turn up the volume so we could hear all the way at the back). Greg was on a roll with the funny quips all night. The company was excellent - we were seated with Tim & Krista, Sharon & Jason, and Ludwika & Patrick. I think Mike bonded a little too well with Patrick. Ludwika and I should keep an eye on that in case they get up to no good together... next thing you know, Mike will have volunteered our house carte blanche for Patrick to renovate! All in all, Mike and I had a great time. We can't wait for another 2 weeks when Jill and Daryan get married b/c we know it will be even more fun!

Secondly, our home inspection by Patrick of CSI went well. He talked (and sweated! ew!) a lot during the inspection. He gave us a binder with information on our new home, a handy maintenance schedule and instructions on a lot of DIY projects that will extend the life of our house and reduce problems down the line. Overall he said he was very impressed with the electrical and plumbing. There were some minor maintenance/repairs that we could do on the structure but really nothing urgent. The heating unit was in desparate need of cleaning but otherwise the HVAC was all good too. The current owners again were very nice and said that they would leave us the leftover paint and whatever tiles they still had. We will probably have more painting to do than we expected since we never considered that in places where they will be removing built-on shelving and nails might leave void areas. I'm starting to welcome the moving overlap more because it will give us a chance to clean the ducts and around the interior, as well as maybe paint and put in ceramic tiles on the kitchen floor before all our belongings get in the way.

So now it's official. The house is sold. I've already gone and ordered address labels for our new home!

2 comments:

Ferda said...

oooh fun! which address labels did you pick?

Jen(nnn) said...

I decided to root for a good cause and ordered 4 sheets of the Rethinkbreastcancer ones for the labels we'll use on our wedding thank yous.

I also ordered a few of the "snow bunnies in love" labels to match the holiday cards we ordered last year.

Lindsay's stuff is so cute! Our bridesmaid gifts went over well too.