22 September 2006

Pre-weekend update

Our photographer has posted a bunch more of our pictures on his website. He says he didn't want to show us everything all at once but that he's going to send us a disk with all of our proofs sometime next week. They're great! I can't wait to see what else he captured. I'm so glad to have been able to find such a great photographer. He was worth every penny... and more.




Pro Wedding Photos


Aug 26, 2006 - 65 Photos

In other news, we bit the bullet and bought a new vacuum last night. I've been watching the Dysons for a while now and they never seem to go on sale. Now that we are moving into an almost completely carpeted house, we're going to need something better than the wheezing dusty canister vac that we were given by Adele. The good news: we were able to avoid Linens N Things like the plague, and found a matching 20% off coupon at Home Outfitters. This meant we could also use our HO gift certificates from the wedding towards our vacuum too. Yay! Hello $300 Dyson. The bad news: the DC14 Animal only comes in a very gay purple colour.


... not that there's anything wrong with being gay



Today at 4pm we are meeting Walter at the new house with our home inspector. We decided to go with CSI, because they answer their phones "Hello, CSI" and also because Patrick took the time to explain everything about what to look for and what to expect without making me feel like an idiot. He seemed very professional, patient and thorough. All things you want in a home inspector. If all goes well today, then the house is officially ours. This is our last chance to back out. We've got our laywer set up and our mortgage acceptance in hand. Unless this place is a total crap hole in daylight, I think we're good to go!

Tomorrow is Jenn and Greg's wedding. I've got to make sure my camera is all charged up and ready, as I've been tasked with recording every single detail of the day for Kiran who is stranded in California (or rather, she lives there but we miss her so much it SEEMS like she's stranded). I think now that our wedding is over we are going to enjoy other people's weddings much much more!

Sunday Steve and Deb (my FIL and SMIL) are coming by for a visit. They will be in town for a wedding too. We've got tentative plans to go out for dim sum at lunch. Yay! I love dim sum.

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend! I'll have lots to write about come Monday.

No comments: