04 October 2006

4 posts is too many

I think I was overzealous the other day with my prolific blogging. Today I will keep it short and sweet. This could have been another 4 post day, but lucky for you, it isn't.

- Finally after a MONTH of waiting for calls, Mike has gone to work today! It turns out, as we expected and repeatedly inquired about, the supply-list system was all mucked up and Mike was not listed. After calling the schools directly to get to the root of the matter, he learned that he did not show up on the supply list and to add to the fire, one of the VPs said that they probably could have used his help every day last month. I hope that this is a grievance we can take to the union. It is not cool to lose a month of work b/c some idiot at the board office messed up. Grr!

- I got a call from the recruiter lady yesterday and somehow found myself in the middle of a phone interview for a job I don't want and probably can't do. Not my best interview ever, but it was kind of out of the blue and I was not prepared. It must have gone ok though b/c at the end she asked me to prepare a cover letter and forward it to her with my application. On the one hand, I hope to have something lined up before my contract here ends. On the other hand, I doubt I will enjoy driving the 1.5 hours to Ajax each morning and probably 2 hours home again. Also, my confidence has been beaten down so much being here that I really feel like I am not up for the challenge of managing some company's operations in full. Big responsibility = insecure Jen.

- Last night's G-squared episode rocked. Although the look and feel of the show is different now, I am so glad that they are progressing plot lines! Last season dragged on and on and on. Everything is a bit more realistic now and I'm glad there are finally consequences to people's actions, unlike before. I think Amy S-P was purposely trying to write the show to end in a big mess for the new writer to try to get out of.

- It appears that Blogger, or my crappy laptop is choking on whatever it is trying to do behind my back... so I think I will end this entry now before everything explodes.

2 comments:

huhboy said...

"I'm over it...after all, you're the one who proposed to me." OH SNAP! (I think I actually said that, like a loser) And I honestly didn't know that you could figure out you're preggers after only two weeks. I do agree with you, the tone of the show is different, but it still has some good parts (like the Kirk/Luke altercation).

I hate screw-ups, and it's no wonder our school boards here get bad raps. Good for Mike getting out there; after three days in my house doing nothing, I don't know how he didn't go crazy.

And finally, keep your head up. I am always a firm believer that things will eventually fall into place for people that deserve it. So, I am expecting great career changes in the future for you as you are quite capable (and deserve it!). If not, I will give you a call in a couple of years when I want my teeth checked

Jen(nnn) said...

Awww... thanks Jason! That's very nice of you to say. Hopefully I will never have to ask you to swish from a little cup and rinse in the sink.