Not only am I trying to entertain Jason while he heals from his surgery, but I also have quite the urge to share my thoughts today.
Firstly, I've been playing phone tag with a recruiter out in Calgary for a week. She wanted to know if I was interested in working as an Operations Manager for a small clinical trials company out in Ajax. The problem is, she is behind us by a couple of hours in time, which is also compounded by the fact that I'm an early bird and usually out of the office or driving home by the time she calls back. I am also cheap and don't really want to spend a lot in long distance on my cell just to call her back. I guess she will have to wait until tomorrow for me to tell her thanks, but no thanks - I don't want to drive to Ajax every day now that we are moving to practically Milton, and I think that they are looking for someone with more experience to fill the job anyway (read: I would probably make a mess of the company).
Secondly, I think a certain friend of mine has gone nuts. I am not quite sure what to say about it yet. I have a lot of thoughts, but most of them are not nice and for some reason I still want to salvage a relationship with this person, despite her suddenly becoming more eccentric than ever. I feel guilty badmouthing her, but at the same time I need to explain it to someone so that I can get ideas on how to deal with this. Should I have an intervention? I can't just go and say to her that she is now fundamentally contrary to everything I believe and hold dear to me. So is it possible to remain friends? I'm not so sure.
Thirdly... (and this is where Jason should stop reading)... I just want to rave about the fantastic dinner I had tonight. Mike and I dined fresh green beans that we bought at the market on the weekend, a nice portion of sirloin steak with Montreal steak spice, and a lovely rotini tossed in homemade creamy red pepper sauce.
Yum! I got the recipe from a girl on WB, and it is definitely a keeper.
Fettucini in Creamy Red Pepper Sauce
2 onions, diced
1 tsp minced garlic
1 small red chili, chopped OR 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 x 400g (13 oz) can diced plum tomatoes
1 large red pepper, chopped
2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp white pepper
250 g (8 oz) fettucini
150 ml whipping cream
In a medium saucepan, cook the onions, garlic and chili in the olive oil over low heat until the onions are soft and translucent. Add the tomatoes, red pepper and other ingredients except for the pasta and cream. Cook uncovered, stirring now and then, until reduced and thickened. (This is when I threw it all into my Miracle Bullet to make a smooth puree.)
Put a large pot of slightly salted water on and bring to a boil. Boil the pasta while the sauce is cooking and when tender but firm to the bite, drain the noodles.
Add cream to the sauce, stir and heat through without boiling (boiling will curdle the cream). Serves 4.
02 October 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Bravo...top shelf I must say...top shelf. Tomorrow, you don't have to post 4 times. 2 will suffice.
Fundamentally crazy/insane people are fascinating, as long as you don't listen to them literally. They do offer a different perspective than what you are used to, that's for sure. And what's life if there's no variety?
And finally, you're correct, I should've stopped reading. Blargh..smack...blargh (sounds of me drooling). I was actually going to make a steak tomorrow on my second day off, but maybe it's not worth it since swallowing anything right now is akin to swallowing a ball of tacks. But damn, Montreal Steak Spice Ball of Tacks sounds awfully good right about now
Post a Comment