Last night's show at the Horseshoe Tavern was awesome! Staylefish really rocked out and I think it was a nice surprise for my brother to see me there for once. Mike and I went with Dave. We got there just before the band went on stage and we stayed for their set, which was probably only a half hour or so. We were home by midnight. Still kind of late on a work night but I was pumped! Today though... not so much... despite coming in an hour late, I'm still falling asleep at my desk. I'll post a picture from last night just as soon as Dave sends me the pic from his cameraphone.
Sometimes I think that life in a band would be full of partying and debauchery, but seeing the guys last night busting their asses, I have a new respect for my brother and his punk friends. They've worked really hard and the album shows it! I'm kind of sad b/c my laptop is choking on my new CD (signed by all of Staylfish) and it's only playing the first bits of any song I select, then quits completely saying that the disc is unreadable. No. I think the CD PLAYER is unreadable! Stupid machine.
Next up, my interview tomorrow morning at the Oakville office for a Study Manager position. Then my dear friend Kiran is home visiting for the weekend so on Saturday we are going to go out for lunch with Sharon. Other than that, I think the weekend will consist of finishing up our thank you cards, brow-beating our photographer into getting us the rest of our pictures so we can makes prints to put in the cards, packing and catching up on a lot of lost sleep from this week.
12 October 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment