I caught a good quote on my Google homepage today that I thought I'd share:
If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.
- Hermann Hesse
I'll admit it... I keep a list. Those of you readers who know me well are familiar with this. I'm not proud of it. Many of the people on my list have wronged me in the past, and let's face it, if there ever was a grudge-keeper, it's me. But... there are a few people who are teetering on making the list. What I am realizing now is that I am keeping them in my backpocket until I can find some kind of wrongdoing which will allow me to put them on the list. Sometimes I get a general sense of negativity towards certain people that I can't explain. I need to remember this piece of advice the next time I feel negatively about someone.
Coming up this weekend is my father-in-law's (aka Steve or FIL) corporate retirement party. We are going to Sarnia tonight to wine and dine on the Esso tab. It will be a fun night for sure. On our way back we are going to stop in London to pick up and drop off a few things at my parents' place. I guess we'll have to save our first weekend alone in our new home until next week. We're planning to install compact fluorescent light all over the house and also a programmable thermostat. Just trying to reduce our ecological footprint.
Lastly, I will leave you all with a few great tunes I just discovered. Ever since I moved to this traffic-centric area, I've given up my music radio stations and now only listen to talk-news (AM680). Through the magic of MySpace I have found a few new songs I just can't get enough of. I highly suggest you take a listen. Why? Because it's FRIDAY!
- 1259 Lullaby - Bedouin Soundclash
- I Will Be The One - Brett Dennen (not Brett's official MySpace, but the only one that has this song on it! the album is to be released on the 21st... you will recognize this)
- Into The Fire - Thirteen Senses


No comments:
Post a Comment