21 December 2006

Access from work

If you thought the firewalls at my last company were funny, check out what my new company's firewall tells me when I try to view anyone's blog:
Access Denied The requested document, http://superap.blogspot.com/, will not be shown. Reason: Found in Denied List (Sex/Acts). Entry causing block is blogspot.com.

What ARE you people posting these days???

Haha. Just kidding. I get the same message when I try to load my own blog, and we all know there are no sex acts here. But check this out... apparently I can still use Blogger to write blogs b/c the actual Blogger site has not been flagged.

Never fear - for those of you who are concerned that I can now only post blogs and not read them, I have found a work-around. Since I have my Google Reader as a tool on my personalized Google homepage, I still get to read your updates (but without any of the fun pictures (perhaps they are of sex acts, hmm?)).

I'm going to try to get on here and blog about the festivities and my first week of work over the break, but I only get 4 days off (and that's including the weekend) so I won't make any promises. Please remember not to drink and drive and I hope you all have a very merry Christmas!

2 comments:

James said...

This is hilarious.

Jen(nnn) said...

I concur! At least our IT guys have a sense of humour (I think).