14 December 2006

Last day!

Today is my last day of work. I woke up this morning not wanting to go in. I guess even with all the changes, some things remain the same. There's a bit of a knot in my stomach but that could be due to the wings we had last night at Coopers (Sorry I couldn't take your call Sharon! I will call you tonight before your class). Everything seems so final today. I have a few things I need to do and a few people I want to say good-bye to. After that, I'm finally free.

Plans for my day off tomorrow include getting up earlyish to finish off our Christmas shopping while the majority of people are at work. Then Mike and I are going for a consultation visit with who we hope will be our new GP. I somehow lost the sheet of paper I wrote down our appt on, but I think it's at 2:30... It's not like me to not have this saved in one of my many calendars. Then I'm going to spend the rest of the day working on (and hopefully finishing) our wedding albums for our parents. I only have until Sunday to order them so that they will arrive before Christmas. I wish I hadn't put it off for so long! It's really hard to pick pictures to include. So far I have a list of 414 photos... which I definitely have to pare down.

Weekend plans include a brunch date with Serena. Unpacking so that our house is semi-presentable for NYE. Wrapping and baking.

Then it will be Monday! I have my new employee orientation at 9:30am and I hope I can figure out what my driving time will be like. I don't want to look like a loser by coming in too early and I really shouldn't be late on my first day either. I hope traffic cooperates... I suspect I will have traffic struggles from here on in. My other worry is whether or not I can run MSN Messenger or at least a web browser at my new job. We shall see!

I'll probably blog again tomorrow, but just in case I can't find time to procrastinate, I hope you all have a great weekend! Only another week and a half until Christmas!

No comments: