That's what my friend Justin likes to say... Same Shit, Different Day.
It's feels like it's been a really long time since I last had a chance to blog. Nothing really new to report here in my personal life. What personal life have I had actually now that work has gotten in the way? I had a brief window of really liking my job, then a brief window of being slightly annoyed with my job (due to the continual tardiness of other people whom I depend on to get my job done) but still liking it b/c the girls are so much fun, to sheer frustration, insult and distaste of my job.
Recently (boy, has it only been a week and a half?) the company hired someone to be my manager. Just as my luck would have it, she is an intolerable hag of a woman. She is self-important and micro-managing. She values delegation over doing any work herself and she is whatever the opposite of a team-player is. I sometimes feel like karma will strike me down on the street in a blazing inferno because I can't help but spend all my energy wishing she would get fired.
One of the very first things she said to me, the morning of her 2nd day in fact, was: "Just so you know, you are supposed to be reporting to me. I just wanted you to be clear in case you weren't." And that's how it all began...
So that's my update. That's all I can muster right now. Boo-urns.
24 January 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
You're alive! But perhaps regretting it? Well, maybe not that drastic, but still.
Sorry to hear about your boss. Believe me, I know what that's like (except add in that my boss is, well, not that smart).
I always say don't let your boss dictate your distaste for your job, let your job do that. If you enjoy working with your workmates, and they feel the same way about your boss, then at least it will make it more tolerable.
If all else fails, you can clean my teeth in four years!
Post a Comment