15 February 2007

Valentine's Day #1

In the 9 years that we dated, we've never been big on celebrating Valentine's Day. Or rather, Mike disagrees with the entire day on priciple and I don't feel very strongly either way. We usually just try to spend some time together, maybe go out for dinner a few days later or before, which isn't really out of the ordinary since we like to eat out from time to time. Once when he was living in Sarnia and I was in Mississauga commuting almost an hour each way to work in Toronto he surprised me with a cute little red monkey, Chico, that I still keep in my car for company.

True to form we decided that since I get to leave work early today for a Dr's appointment we would go out for dinner just for kicks. I fully wasn't expecting anything yesterday so imagine my surprise when I got home to find that Mike had made us reservations at a new hotspot in Mississauga called Axia. Surprisingly there were a ton of people waiting to get seated when we got there, and actually throughout our entire dinner too. Who goes out on Valentine's Day without a reservation? One husband and wife couple were there before we got there and just got seated after we finished our dinner. I would have left after 20 mins, not waited for hours, if it were me. It was a lovely evening for me at least, with great atmosphere and even better company. In fact, it was almost like taking a trip back to our honeymoon the way everything was decorated with lanterns and canopies and foliage. Mike had a sushi, sashimi, maki plate and I had "beef ho fun" noodles and bubble tea. Yay! What a fantastic way to celebrate our first Valentine's Day as husband and wife.

I don't want to get too sappy but I just wanted to say that I'm so lucky to have him and I love him so much! Here's to many years ahead....

1 comment:

James said...

barf

;-)

just kidding.