I don't think there is anyone who reads this blog who isn't also connected to my Facebook, but just in case, here are the links to my pictures:
London 2007 - Part I
London 2007 - Part II
London 2007 - Part III
It was a fun time but I have to say that the food over there leaves something to be desired. On vacation, I think it is important to indulge in some good eats. I can name only 3 things which I was glad to eat over there:
1) Yaki Soba at Wagamama (South Bank, London)
2) Chicken Tikka Masala, Tandoori Chicken Jalfrezi, and Pashwari Naan at Bombay Express (Torquay)
3) Original Steak Pasty at Cornish Bakehouse (Covent Garden, London)
I also quite enjoyed Walkers Cheese & Onion Flavoured Crisps, and of course the Maynard Sour Wine Gums. Everything else was kind of meh. Maybe I have become too picky with my epicurean standards. Or maybe the English are more concerned about drinking ale than perfecting their cuisine? That wouldn't surprise me. In the tiny town of Box (if you blink you will miss it) there are at least 4 pubs! It's like over here, we won't consider it a "real" town unless it has a Tim Hortons and/or a McDonalds. Over there, it's not a town unless there's a pub on every corner.
06 July 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment