09 July 2007

Weekend report and more

It's been a busy few days!

Saturday -
Mike, Bones and I went to our usual place for a dim sum lunch. I think the prices have gone up... there was a time when you could stuff yourself silly and it would come to under $20 for two people. This time, somehow, we managed to rack up $60 including the tip! It was so good though. Especially the golden crab claws. Mmm. Later that day Mike and I drove to Belleville for Paul's surprise bachelor party. A bit of beer swilling, belching and scratching private places and I fit right in. Haha. Just jokes! It was a good time though. This may be the only bachelor party I ever get invited to, so I wasn't about to miss it! Our "tool for marriage" ended up being the all-mighty Duct Tape. It fixes mistakes, patches holes, holds things together... We had a big fire and camped out in Steph's (Paul's sister) backyard. I turned in aroundn 3 am. Ah good times. I can't wait until Paul & Cat's wedding next week!

Sunday -
We quickly tore down camp at 7:30 am in order to make it back in good time for Sharon's bridal shower that afternoon. Mike may have had TOO good of a time at the bachelor party, because much like at his own bachelor party, he had to nurse a heck of a hangover the next morning. (I hear Paul didn't do much better the next morning either!) Somehow 7 pit stops and 4 hours later we made it back to Mississauga... just in time for me to quickly shower off the Muskol, make Mike a cup of tomato soup w/ crackers and get dressed for the bridal shower. Sharon's shower was awesome. So organized! The games were fun and I hope Sharon received everything she wanted and more! I was dead tired. Too tired to worry much about my first day of work at my new job.

Monday -
I don't want to jinx myself, but I think this place will be perfect for me. The people are fantastically nice and fun. My office is bigger than our home office. They were actually prepared for me to start today and seem to have it all together. they also seem to know what they're doing, which is refreshing. From the sounds of it, I will be managing a registry for insomnia. Fun! I'm going to be learning all about insomnia soon. I hope I do well. That's all I want to say for now. Once bitten, twice shy, you know? I liked the Bad Place after the first week too and look how that turned out.

Anyway, time to wrap up a busy three days with some summer fruit crisp (rhubarb, strawberries, apples and nectarines... you have to try it sometime!) and Canadian Idol. Yay!

2 comments:

James said...

MMMmmm crisp! Good luck with your new job Jenn!

huhboy said...

Sharon received everything she wanted. And the gift you gave her was everything I wanted.

YAY!