13 August 2007

Since my last blog entry

Since the my last blog entry, I’ve
  • Been to 2 birthday parties (Mike J and Susanna)
  • Cut off half of my hair (and am now regretting it because short layers just aren’t my thing… hello fe-mullet… what?)
  • Gone camping in the Bruce Peninsula
  • Celebrated Sandy’s unemployment from The Bad Place with Belinis and lots of laughs (I miss the gang there, though pretty soon there will be no one left to miss!)
  • Had a super fun time at Ludwika and Patrick’s wedding
  • Attended 2 showers (one baby and one bridal) on the same day at the same time

This weekend it looks like we don’t have any solid plans to go anywhere so it might be a good time to squeeze in visit with my parents. We were going to spend the weekend painting the door and other touch ups around the house, but I think we are going to try getting this done during the week so that we can go see my mum and dad whom we haven’t seen since February-ish (for shame…) and do a drop by in Sarnia again to meet Mike’s sort-of-step-brother Joel who moved out West and hasn’t been back to Ontario in at least 5 years.

It’s been a busy summer and there’s no sign of it slowing down! It’s about 3 weeks until September and I can’t believe how fast the summer disappeared.

On the work front, I still love it. I’m actually interested in what I’m doing, not just the people I’m doing it with, so that’s kind of new for me. I got a surprise email this morning about my business cards being available soon. Cool! I wasn’t going to ask about getting business cards until my probation was up, and it turns out they ordered them for me already. Yay! My first real business card - imagine that. I get to proof them soon and I can’t wait!

We’ve got lots of pictures saved on our camera, some of which you might have seen on Facebook and some which I have still yet to post. I’ve been thinking about Facebook lately and I’m seriously considering erasing my account. I’ve done the obligatory snooping and catching up with long lost friends and now I’m bored. Aside from being a great place to store and share photos, it really doesn’t hold much interest for me anymore. We shall see…

No comments: