16 December 2007

Getting into the spirit of things

Friday was my company holiday party at the Four Seasons 32nd floor skyview lounge. I spent much of the evening giving our President a hard time with merciless teasing and got to enjoy the most mouthwatering beef tenderlion & jumbo prawns. Mike got to meet almost all of the coworkers I am always telling him about and I got to meet some of their other halves as well. A good time was had by all.

Saturday we ran out to exchange our malfunctioning HD PVR for a new one and grabbed a bunch of groceries before the snow storm headed our way. It wasn't too bad actually. It was incredibly cold, but there wasn't a ton of snow falling. It just felt like a lot of snow because the same snow was blowing back up and falling down again.

The really bad stuff came today. Mike went out to shovel the driveway and walk twice just to make it manageable. From the looks of our neighbours' cars stuck in the road, even if we can make it off our drive, we probably won't be able to get down the street. My manager sent me an email today with a picture of her car (a BMW SUV) entirely burried in the snow and a note that she probably won't be making it in tomorrow. Ha ha! I think I will give it a try since I think it will be ok IF I can get off our street... everywhere else looks to be plowed.

So, being snowed in today, I finally managed to get our Christmas cards written and addressed. We're short about 9 stamps though, so I'll have to wait a bit to mail them. I also did some baking. I figured I would bring in a big tray of cookies for my coworkers instead of writing cards or giving little gifts to each and everyone one of them. Trust me - they will prefer the cookies.

Cranberries, white chocolate chips and walnuts - how can you go wrong?:


And...

Your eyes do not deceive you - these are exactly what they look like... mini peanut butter cups jammed into chocolate chip cookies:


Now I just have to make sure that they don't all disappear before I can bring them in on Tuesday.

In other less festive news, one year ago today was when my dog Nicky passed away. I think she is chasing a lot of frisbees up in doggie heaven. RIP my little pup.

2 comments:

CraxyRaE said...

I need that recipe for the peanut butter cups in chocolate chip cookies...those look evil!

Mark Hutchison said...

Great ... now I've got drool all down inside of my keyboard ... Do you have any idea how hard that is to clean?

Damn awesome looking cookie heaven ...