It's always a bit of a strategy to cross Toronto on the 401. Yesterday I needed to drive to Scarborough and of course there were traffic problems both Westbound and Eastbound. Eastbound, which is the direction I really cared about was sporting a traffic accident in the collectors so I stayed on the express, expecting some delays as people rubbernecked. When I drove past the Keele exit I noticed A LOT of police cars and all the lanes were blocked. I didn't want to be one of those rubberneckers so I didn't take a close look it but I thought it must have been pretty bad to have so many cops out.
As I continue on to my Markham Road exit I hear on the radio that there was a body dump on the 401 Eastbound by Keele. WTF??? Someone shot at someone else and that someone was either pushed or jumped out of a moving Lexus. Nice. What is wrong with the world?
On my way home I figured that since the radio was still talking about how the body was still laying on the pavement, traffic would be a nightmare going Westbound as people tried to catch sight of it (even though I think they put up a tented cover over the body). Instead I took the 407 home and passed a car that smashed into the guardrail in the opposite direction. You just can't win! Blah.
On the bright side, I think my interview went really well. The job sounds amazing and the people are super nice and easy to talk to. It hardly felt like an interview at all. BUT... if that is the commute I'd be looking forward to daily, I really don't think I can take it. What a shame.
10 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment