09 August 2008

FO: Apres Surf Hoodie

For those who don't know, I've been off work for almost a month now. It's been interesting living off my package and spending the summer at home with Mike. Waiting for a new job is not quite excruciating, but getting there. This summer has been slow for the pharma/biotech industry so I'm not taking it too personally yet. Two "Bad Places" in a row and I'm sort of not that eager to move onto the next one either.

So... why haven't I been a better blogger? Good question. Apparently it is because I have rekindled my love for knitting and have been busy working on this, which I just finished last night:



How proud am I? Very. There's a couple of things about the hood I would like to re-do, but for all intents and purposes it is actually wearable (and fits!).

Next on the needles:
  • Christmas Twist sweater for my mom
  • Windowpane Socks
  • Hanami Stole
  • Lace Ribbon Scarf
  • Hey, Teach! Cardigan

Anyone else out there who loves knitting/crocheting, go sign up for Ravelry NOW. Best. Site. Ever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! That sweater's great! Love the salmon colour. I'm quite impressed with the intricate patterning, too.

I have heard of ravelry -- I will definitely check it out :)

JiLL.

CraxyRaE said...

That is so cute!! I can't even knit a square, so I'm amazed by your talent!

Anonymous said...

nice work jen!