11 September 2009

The Great Fruitcake Endeavour of 2009 has commenced

Silly me, I volunteered to make the fruitcake for Dave and Nicole's wedding.  I'm really hoping it will not turn out to be a big disaster, even though Nicole assures me that it's really only to appease her mom who wanted something traditional for the wedding.  Nicole doesn't think many people will even take a piece.  
Nicole kindly forwarded a recipe from a family friend for Bourbon Pecan Fruitcake, and Mike's grandmother Doris mailed me her recipe as well.  Both ended up being dark fruitcake.  In an attempt to provide options (read: backups) I also wanted to try a non-alcoholic light fruitcake as well so I have a 3rd recipe from Allrecipes.com.
And so it begins with Grandma Doris' fruitcake.... dried and candied fruits soaking in dark rum overnight...
This is my biggest mixing bowl.  I fear this will make A LOT of fruitcake.  I guess that's good in case one of the recipes doesn't work out and I have to go with only one.  Pressure's on!

No comments: